jueves, 7 de febrero de 2008

A FLYING TRAINER

Probably the most embarrassing day I have ever had was when I was in my first year at University.

As friends and I had lab class in the afternoon, we used to have lunch together and play cards afterwards in the park before going to class. It was a wonderful grassy park with a small bridge over a little pond.

As we were playing cards, a branch fell off the tree and struck my head. It annoyed me so I decided to kick the branch. Unfortunately, as I was doing so, my left trainer left my foot and flew into the pond.

Immediately, all my friends burst out laughing and I felt very embarrassed, but there was absolutely nothing I could do about it because I must admit that watching my shoe flying over their heads and falling into the pond was very funny.

A friend of mine went quickly over to the pond and recovered my trainer. She gave it back to me while everybody was falling about laughing.

Everything worked out all right in the end because I lived nearby. Another friend lent me her shoes and I ran home as fast as I could to get a dry pair of trainers. I came back to the park and we got to our lab class on time.

The funniest thing was that we laughed about it for several weeks and we still remember it from time to time.

L. F. P.

2º C.S.

No hay comentarios: